Re: getting the F10 respin with "jigdo" -- the short version

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> > > I tried using jigido to download Debian Lenny a few weeks back. It
> > > gave me an error saying something about not being able to download
> > > anything other than iso as its still not implemented (I am quoting
> > > from memory here, so might be off on the wordings). Then I tried
> > > jigido-lite from cmd line and it worked just fine. best downloading
> > > experience ever if you ask me. ^_^
> >
> >   the only annoyance is when jigdo latches onto a reeeeeeallllly slow
> > server, like the u of calgary at the moment for me, which had decided
> > it's going to download rpms at about 4K/s.  argh.  time for a second
> > coffee.
> >
> > rday
>
> AFAIR jigido-lite asked for my source. As an odd coincidence the
> Debian mirrors in Canada are slow too. So I had to choose another
> mirror. But after that, it was silk smooth even on my intermittent
> wifi. :)

  one of the subtle benefits of jigdo is that you don't need *any*
reusable rpms; that simply implies that you will have to download
*everything* as individual rpms.  but since they're being downloaded
individually, your net connection can time out whenever it wants and
the worst that will happen is that you might lose the last partial
download.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.