Re: getting the F10 respin with "jigdo" -- the short version

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Suvayu Ali wrote:
I tried using jigido to download Debian Lenny a few weeks back. It
gave me an error saying something about not being able to download
anything other than iso as its still not implemented (I am quoting
from memory here, so might be off on the wordings). Then I tried
jigido-lite from cmd line and it worked just fine. best downloading
experience ever if you ask me. ^_^

  the only annoyance is when jigdo latches onto a reeeeeeallllly slow
server, like the u of calgary at the moment for me, which had decided
it's going to download rpms at about 4K/s.  argh.  time for a second
coffee.

rday

AFAIR jigido-lite asked for my source. As an odd coincidence the Debian mirrors in Canada are slow too. So I had to choose another mirror. But after that, it was silk smooth even on my intermittent wifi. :)

--
Suvayu