FC10 not installing software properly

I am a Linux newbie, and am having trouble installing software like java and the azureus client.  I wish there was a tutorial on setting sudo or whatever I need to set up in order to properly install these packages.  Can anyone help????   I am still having trouble getting my two network systems to talk to each other and see each other...it seems that each needs a user and password.

Teddy Bear

"Save a life! adopt or foster a Beagle today"
"Love isn't finding a perfect person, it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly"