Re: Boot into single user mode

Mr. Bravismore Mumanyi wrote:
Dear All,

I lost root password for one of my box running Fedora 9. I am not sure
if its one of the clever users who changed the password since I had not
locked it down.
I am now trying to boot into single user mode in order to reset the
password. However, at the Fedora Splash screen the system does not
respond to any key "a" for me to boot into run level 1. Is it a
configuration that has been tempered with?

Regards
/Bravo

when grub loads, press e for edit, edit the second line by adding a 1 at the end, now it will boot into single user mode (non graphical) if grub has a password, you will need to boot into the rescue mode with the install media, then you can chroot into your fedora and reset the password

--
Toshaan <toshlinux@xxxxxxxxx> - http://www.toshaan.be