Re: Dvico Dual 4 DVB tuner - refusing to work since new year

Da Rock wrote:
I picked up 2 of these cards because I read up on them at linuxtv.org,
and found them to be supported reasonably well. Installed them and got
them going before the end of the year.

Around the time of the new year coming in, some updates occurred and I
lost them again. ls /dev/dvb showed on the one adapter when there should
have been 5 (leadtek hybrid is also installed). I tried reinstalling
drivers from linuxtv mercurial sources, but after 3 attempts and several
kernel updates its a no go.

I can run modprobe and load the modules, lsmod shows them there and
loaded, but after reboot (which is the only way to get them working once
modules have been loaded- they're dual tuners running off a usb
controller on the board; obviously I have no way of unplugging and
replugging in as usb) they're gone again.

This is (was) a fresh install of F10 when I first got them working, but
since updates forget it.

Any help here guys?

I picked up several HVR-2250 dual tuner cards which were also "going to be supported in Linux soon." I will probably get one of those TV to network setups next and hope that IPv4 doesn't get dropped. Unless a developer is personally using the driver you need, assume it's unsupported. :-(

The vendors says there's not enough market to justify doing a Linux driver, ignoring that there won't be a market unless it works. Volunteer developers work on their drivers, but most lack time to do something they don't use.

See who wrote the driver and beg for help, or get something which works. Consider an old system which is just used to run the device and put the content on the network, install the pre-upgrade software and keep it behind a firewall.
--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>