Re: (no subject) - Newbie Guidance

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 12:31 -0800, Michael Pace wrote:
>     I am a newbie who is unsure as to which Linux devices I should
> start with.Can anyone help me with this.
>    Is Fedora the latest on offer? Is it suitable for a beginner?
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Mike Pace

	Hi Mike,
		After nearly 10 years away from useful computing, I started as a
newbie with Fedora Core 1 and am still here with Fedora 10.  Be prepared
to learn with Fedora since it regularly increments to the latest and all
that flows from that.

	On this list you will find a large community with an amazing wealth of
knowledge going back to the early days of computing as we know it today.
I just scratch around the edges, finding Fedora appropriate for our
business and home setup.  However, you will find that to attract their
attention, have a look at the list guidelines, particularly the use of
subject lines, since people with interests in certain areas will often
skip over messages with subjects not in their field.

	There are many good online resources.  http://fedoraproject.org/ is a
good place to start.

--
Regards,