Re: diagnotic card for Motherboards and PS

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Lyos Gemini Norezel
<lyos.gemininorezel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

These are tools you use when a computer will not boot... not 'general,
everyday use'.

I'm a Computer Repair Tech.
I, personally, use a device called "Power Judge"
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ATX-2024-PT&cat=PWR for testing
PSUs,
and Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI (the original version) [P.H.D. PCI2 (newest version)
listed here:] http://www.uxd.com/phdpci2.shtml .

As for interpreting the codes... the Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI card comes with a
manual to help with diagnosis.

The card seems pretty solid. It's advertised as being more than a mere
POST card. I called the toll free number but nobody answered, I'll
try later to ask more about it.
That PS tester must be popular; it's out of stock.

There are other sites that carry that tester.

It does look like you need to know your beeps and codes to use the tools.

As I tried to say here...
"As for interpreting the codes... the Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI card comes with a manual to help with diagnosis."

knowing codes and beeps is not necessary. The manual has all of the information needed.

Just listen for the beeps then look up what it means. Same with the numerical codes.

Thanks for the response.
~af

No problem... good luck.

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos.GeminiNorezel@xxxxxxxxx
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard