Re: diagnotic card for Motherboards and PS

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Lyos Gemini Norezel
<lyos.gemininorezel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aldo Foot wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to buy a type of test card to diagnose motherboard problems.
>> I've seen some options out there; the main thing is to have the ability
>> to interpret the codes the card spits out.
>>
>> I also would like a similar test tool for Power Supplies.
>>
>> Any suggestions for a good model out there? Links?
>>
>> TIA.
>> ~af
>>

> These are tools you use when a computer will not boot... not 'general,
> everyday use'.
>
> I'm a Computer Repair Tech.
> I, personally, use a device called "Power Judge"
> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ATX-2024-PT&cat=PWR for testing
> PSUs,
> and Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI (the original version) [P.H.D. PCI2 (newest version)
> listed here:] http://www.uxd.com/phdpci2.shtml .
>
> As for interpreting the codes... the Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI card comes with a
> manual to help with diagnosis.

The card seems pretty solid. It's advertised as being more than a mere
POST card. I called the toll free number but nobody answered, I'll
try later to ask more about it.
That PS tester must be popular; it's out of stock.
It does look like you need to know your beeps and codes to use the tools.

Thanks for the response.
~af