Re: Extending Expiration Date of an Already-Expired GPG Key

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 04:51 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Recently they've been hitting my cell phone too, so I just
> registered its number on the National Do Not Call list while I was
> re-registering the home number.

We've fairly recently had one of those lists set up in Australia, and
more recently it's been discovered (surprise, surprise) that it doesn't
really work.  There's too many exceptions, and foreign callers don't
give a hoot.

> I got rid of the local call center bugging me long before the NDNC
> list, after I caught them on a caller-id modem I was logging, I took
> the printout and 'Betsy' and made a personal call to their front
> office.

Rocking up armed, over here, would probably cause a person serious legal
troubles, to put it mildly.  I can remember the national fuss made,
several years back, when some 80 year old decrepit pension shot at an
intruder in his house.  You'd think that'd be justifiable cause, but
it's not accepted.

Years ago I got the number of one of the repeat offenders, that spooked
them a bit (I called them back).  Caller ID was almost unheard of here,
back then.

I have fantasies about taking baseball bats and chainsaws to their
computer equipment.  Bulldozers and arson sound appealing, too.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.