Re: Extending Expiration Date of an Already-Expired GPG Key

On Sunday 22 February 2009, Tim wrote:
>Ed Greshko:
>
>Tim:
>>> It would be interesting to find out if this changes after a few days
>
>Ed Greshko:
>> Don't know....but the expiry date of the key imported is 2/21/2010 so
>> I think it is the latest incantation.
>
>Have a look at what's said about the signatures when you query gpg
>directly, or via one of the key managers.  It'll probably be more
>revealing than the messages passed along by a mail client.
>
>> ...digital spam is nothing.  My anti-spam prevents 99% of the spam
>> from reaching my inbox.  Try living in Taiwan....  Every day you come
>> hope to a mailbox stuffed with flyers of one type or another.  Along
>> with the PITA of having to sort through the junk to find the important
>> junk (a.k.a. bills) you then have to dispose of the junk and you come
>> to realize all of the paper being wasted.   I can control the digital
>> spam....nothing stops the physical spam.  :-(
>
>I'm lucky the spam is low, but it still pisses me off.  We get a lot of
>junk in the postbox, too.  And, if you get the newspaper, you get the
>same thing inserted inside it.  It filled a rather large box up one
>Christmas, I was sorely tempted to take the box to one of the department
>stores responsible for most of it, and dump it on them.  These days I
>stuff torn up junk mail in those reply paid envelopes, and send junk
>mail to another junk mailer.
>
>The phone spam is the worst.  It interrupts what you're doing, and now
>they're getting rude at people who don't go along with them.  I got
>really mad at one of them, swore quite profusely at them for wasting my
>time, lying to me, and threatened them with more foul language if they
>ever rang back.  Then looked up to see my mother and sister looking
>quite shocked at me.  I'd forgotten I wasn't alone in the room.  ;-)

Tuff titty said the kitty.  But it hasn't ever deterred them yet so they must
be used to it.  Recently they've been hitting my cell phone too, so I just
registered its number on the National Do Not Call list while I was
re-registering the home number.  As the cell phone seems to do a better job
on the caller ID, I expect to be able to cost Volkswagon of America about
$50k one of these days, they are calling to advise me my warranty is about to
run out.  Since its a 2002 Jetta, the warranty was about out when I bought it
nearly 2 years ago & if you have ever dealt with VOA on a warranty matter,
you know very well they wouldn't violate the warranty terms right down the
the last dotted i in the whole document.  So yeah, these jerks all get 'the
best part of you ran down your mothers leg' treatment from me.

Or worse, I can be a cantankerous old coot when the occasion is called for.  I
got rid of the local call center bugging me long before the NDNC list, after
I caught them on a caller-id modem I was logging, I took the printout
and 'Betsy' and made a personal call to their front office.  I instructed
them to paint the number I gave them on the wall as one you will never call
again.  Calls went way down after that.  I'll let your imagination fill in
just what Betsy was.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)