Re: F10 -- Xen, VirtualBox, or VMWare?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:41:28 +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>> 	What of Rahul's comment, further up the thread, saying "KVM
>> (assuming you have the hardware support) with Virt-manager (if you need
>> a GUI)"??
	[...]
>     ....For AMD....
>     grep svm /proc/cpuinfo
>     flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat
>     pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp
>     lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
>
> If both those commands return nothing, you don't have hardware
> virtualisation support.
>
> Hope this helps,

	Very much, thanks. I tried both grep commands (what I know of
hardware would go in a gnat's eye.), got something very like the one
above, did "yum install kvm virt-manager," and got both plus ten
dependencies.

	Is there a better way to get started than a man page?

	Should I be getting rid of wine, or of the wine-install of the
programs I have?

	Is there a way to get XP off my other hard drive, instead of a CD
or DVD?