Re: KDE 4.2 FIREFOX Font size problem

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 February 2009 12:21:02 Peter Malcolm Croft Price wrote:
>> When Kde went to 4  I had no time to familiarise myself with what was
>> new and take the time to set it up properly,I yum upgraded (Fedora 8
>> to 9 to 10) so it needed some work. So I switched to Gnome.
>> Yesterday I took the time to  customise Kde and I must say that I was
>> pleased with the result, a pleasant interface easy to see, use  and
>> with almost all the capabilities I remember plus new possibilities.
>> Then I tried Firefox and it was unusable for me. The font sizes in the
>> toolbar were were too small for me to read. So I jumped into
>> user.chrome.css and started to  make the changes I wanted. But I ran
>> out of time after I'd fixed the menubar and to be truthful I'm not
>> sure I know how to increase the font size in the bookmark toolbar
>> folders dropdown list.
>>
>> So my question is.
>> Whilst setting up KDE ,mostly making font sizes bigger because my
>> eyesight is bad, have I done something to Firefox and if so where in
>> system settings will I find the adjustment?
>> Now its back to Gnome (no great hardship but not my preference) where
>> Firefox remains exactly as I want it and usable.
>
> I had the opposite problem, as the font size was too big for the netbook
> screen, but it seems to me that the same solution would work both ways.  Take
> a look at http://plasmasturm.org/code//gtk-chtheme/gtk-
> chtheme-0.3.1-1.i386.rpm
>
> It adds a gtk section to your configurations, where you can first try telling it
> to match your KDE settings, and if that doesn't work, you can make
> adjustments.  HTH
>
> Anne
>
> --

Thank you very much Anne and Anoop

I did wget http://plasmasturm.org/code//gtk-chtheme \
/gtk-chtheme-0.3.1-1.i386.rpm

yum localinstall gtk-chtheme-0.3.1-1.i386.rpm
yum localinstall  gtk-qt-engine
and then system
settings-> look and feel -> GTK styles and Fonts

and can now play happily with firefox and other programmes to my hearts content

Thanks again

Peter