Re: Advice on changing to 64 bits

Kevin Kofler schrieb:
Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
1. Changing to 64 bits is a must for you.
2. You will benefit from it.
3. Keep your hands off, stay with 64 bits.
4. ...

At least 2. if not 1. It makes no sense to go with 32-bits on a 64-bit CPU.

I should mention that I want to use virtualization (KVM, VMware Server),
and that the processor has Intel's hardware vitualization capabilities.

KVM is the way to go then. If you run a 64-bit host, you can run both 32-bit
and 64-bit guests.

Thanks, and thanks to all the others who gave their opinions and experiences.

I'll give Fedora i86_64 a try. I want to run a Linux host (with a guest from the dark side of the moon), and hopefully, even wine could be installed on a 64 bit system if the docs on winehq.org tell the truth.

Klaus