Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, I am not patching FF with anything out of the tree. It's a plain
> jane build, including nspluginwrapper, which, by all accounts should
> kill performance.  It doesn't.  It's much more responsive than fedora's
> base FF build.
>
> Look, again, this isn't 'let's compare distros'.  It was an example of
> my personal experience in an effort to demonstrate my point.  Which, of
> course was totally off the thread to begin with.  I like fedora.  I like
> gentoo.  I happen to like gentoo's update mechanism and design better.
> So what?  To each his own. I only wanted to point out that rolling
> updates are not the kiss of death some people make it out to be.

I'm not looking to compare...im looking to figure out if there is a
problem in Fedora's build..where the problem is. To understand that I
need to know exactly what the build time differences. You can choose
to help me do that by supplying the necessary details for me from your
gentoo build to find what could be causing the problem in Fedora's
build of FF... or you can just choose not to help.  If there is a
problem in the Fedora build, its not going to magically go away,
someone has to figure out where it is. I'm willing to put that effort
in all you need to do is give me enough information about your gentoo
build specifics so I can regenerate an equivalent binary on a Fedora
system.

-jef