Re: Morph software

homburg@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:11:24 -0500
Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bill Davidsen wrote, On 02/07/2009 11:13 PM:
Paul-Erik Törrönen wrote:
On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 16:02 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
 I'm looking for some morphing software, to take two
images, and generate some  "intermediate" images to
show the effect of a smooth transition from one to
the other.
One such program is the convert-command, which is part
of the ImageMagick-package.

I'd like to get Ann Coulter -> Phyllis Shlafly ;-) but I
digress.

I checked through freshmeat, sourceforge and rpmfind. There
are xmorph, morphine and XMRM. These are all 20th
century packages and deprecated. Xmorph and morphine will
not compile. XMRM (which otherwise looks like the most
promising candidate) requires /usr/bin/mpeg which is
unavailable. Linking "mpeg" to other encoders doesn't work.

Perhaps something for win. will run in wine or a VM??

I found that xmrm.com is still there, but the link to the source isn't. If I could get the source, once I get a way to generate the individual images I can easily use ffmpeg to create a stream from the images, I do that for some various fun projects I have, and in fact that's kind of better from my point of view.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>