Re: Morph software

Paul-Erik Törrönen wrote:
On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 16:02 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
 I'm looking for some morphing software, to take two images, and
generate some  "intermediate" images to show the effect of a smooth
transition from one to the other.

One such program is the convert-command, which is part of the
ImageMagick-package.

It can do primitive shape morphing, for more information go here:

http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11263

I've used convert only to do fade-morph frames between images taken of
the same view, which then are fed to mencoder to produce a video.

I can publish the shell-script which I created to accomplish this if
you're interested?

I Appreciate the offer, and you probably should publish for people looking for a fade solution, but I'm really looking for a full shape and color morph. I have an old program which I pulled off a Win98 machine which did a pretty good job, but it uses gif format, won't run under wine, and generally is pretty impractical other than as a proof of concept.

I'm surprised at the lack, I'll keep looking. Search turned up a number of things which sounded hopeful but had serious issues between the description and the performance.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>