Re: yum list display some package in 2 rows

Ambrogio wrote:

> I can't imagine why the limit should be set to 20 or to 80.

who knows what reasoning is in thinking of yum developers?

at least yum is better than rpm with rpm files. :)

> I don't know how to change it, but I think that if output is sent to
> nonterminal devices, (like files or pipe for examples), the row limit as
> to be set to infinite.

ok. then to get around yum reformatting output, why not just send output
to a file and work with file?

--
peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****