Re: is KDE dead - did Gnome win?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Mail Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Followup to let you know what I decided for myself - I have switched
from KDE to Gnome. I tried, but KDE4 is just not ready today.

Have fun.  I've been with KDE since 3.2, and KDE 4 since 4.0.  Quite frankly, 4.2 beats the pants off of just about anything I've seen out there at this point.  It's definitely ready.

  I know I am not the only person who has switched to Gnome. I will
revisit this in the coming months and perhaps KDE can recover to be the
functional, configurable, useful desktop it once was.

Are you trying to draw flames or something?  KDE  is functional, configurable and useful, unless you're so totally tied to the Windows desktop metaphor that the very concept of something else drives you absolutely batty.