Re: is KDE dead - did Gnome win?

On 01/28/2009 11:07 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Mail Lists wrote:
   - I've been unable to add items to my desktop menu(s)

> System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Main Menu
>
> I'm able to add and remove items using this tool.

  I was thinking of Right (or left) Click on Background Menu rather than
the Applications menu on the panel ... i don't see it there - maybe I am
not looking right ..

> If you're on F10, you're probably trying too hard.  At least ssh-agent
> functionality is built in to the gnome-keyring-daemon.  You don't have
> to start it yourself.  You probably don't even need to run 'ssh-add';
> you'll be prompted for the passphrase to keys in the default paths when
> ssh tries to use them for the first time (or at login, if you click a
> checkbox).

  Yes thank you - I am aware of that - but the behaviour of that I found
not to my taste - it grabs focus and refuses to let go. I went back to
the standard ssh-agent and openssh askpass and ssh-add.

 Thank you for your thoughts ..