Re: Printers

On Sunday 25 January 2009 10:17:51 Alan Cox wrote:
> If you are doing any volume a decent colour laser is a huge cost saving.
> Nowdays I have a laser - mostly because I can print to vinyl, print to
> transfers without hassle and don't have the 'delights' of inkjet ink
> being waterbased so impossible to use in combination with glues or
> many paints.

I agree with your position 110%. One area where lasers have not done as well
is photo printing. I get adequate results for everyday use using some special
paper, but, it's not the same as a Canon Photo Printer, which can be stunning.
But, you said something - I've never heard of printing on vinyl with a laser -
could you expand on that? What are you printing? How can vinyl survive the
heat? Details would be appreciated...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD