Re: Firefox, fixed with fonts and Google Groups

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 17:53 -0800, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> I've noticed this now on two separate Fedora 10 installations running
> Firefox 3.0.5.  Messages viewed within Google Groups are not showing
> up as fixed with text -- even when I have selected fixed with from the
> options.
>
> It works fine in Windows with both FF and IE, and an examination of
> the CSS shows that font-family: fixed-width, monospace; is being set,
> but it doesn't seem that Firefox is honoring this.

As another test point, it certainly works on Fedora 9 running Firefox
3.0.5.

The HTML and CSS is sheer chaos to look through, though.  And my reading
of it, trying not to lose count of nesting, looks like it oughtn't to do
monospaced fonts, there.  It'd have to be some JavaScripting doing
further modifications, and that's not my forte.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.