Firefox, fixed with fonts and Google Groups

I've noticed this now on two separate Fedora 10 installations running
Firefox 3.0.5.  Messages viewed within Google Groups are not showing up
as fixed with text -- even when I have selected fixed with from the
options.

It works fine in Windows with both FF and IE, and an examination of the
CSS shows that font-family: fixed-width, monospace; is being set, but
it doesn't seem that Firefox is honoring this.

I was able to get it working by editing my userContent.css file and
changing the font-family to just 'monospace', but I shouldn't need to
this.

Can someone else jaunt over to Google Groups with their FF 3.0.5
installs and tell me if fixed width fonts work for you?

I've also posted about this on MozillaZine[1]

Thanks much!
Ray

[1] http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1055585