Re: xorg.conf

Em Qua 21 Jan 2009, James Harrison escreveu:
> Hello,
> I am new to the list (I joined today).
>
> Can someone tell me why Fedora 10 does not create an
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf as standard?

Because the current version of xorg is supposed to detect automatically
the hardware and get all the necessary configuration data by itself.
This allows the user to change the hardware without needing to edit
configuration files, among other advantages.
Of course, this does not work in 100% of the cases. You can run system-
config-display to generate xorg.conf and then edit it manually if the
automatic procedure fails to detect your hardware correctly.

[]'s
Marcelo