Re: vnc server problem

On 01/19/2009 07:11 AM, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
 	Then why not just use vino? That's the VNC server that lets you
> share their GNOME session. System > Preferences > Internet & Network >
> Remote Desktop.

  Yes indeed - may be one good way to go .. but.

  1) the other way allows me to get access to gui before anyone logs in
.. and

   2) I dont see a easy way of setting that up remotely - i have to have
access to the gui first - so a bit of a  catch 22 - the other way can
always be set up from an ssh tunnel. (It is possible aunt tilly can be
talked through setting this up ... but .. well you understand im sure)

      Can you tell me the cli commands to set this up without access to
the gui ?

  3) i ran test locally - and vino performance is not the best either
but it does work fine ...