Single buffer absent on nvidia card after upgrade

Dear All,

I recently upgraded some of my machines from Fedora 8 to Fedora 10.

The machines contain Nvidia cards of the GeForce 7, 8 & 9 series and
have at least 2GB of RAM each.

After the upgrade I noted two problems:

When running Matlab I get the message:

"Warning: single buffer is not available, double buffer will be slower"

and another program is crashing on a glXChooseVisual request for
a single buffer window.

glxgears is working fine and glxinfo indicates many 100's of visuals
are available and that I have direct rendering.

My xorg.conf file is as follows:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        ModelName    "Samsung SyncMaster 240T (Digital)"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 81.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 85.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

This problem seems to also be present in a machine upgraded from Fedora 8 to Fedora 9

All machines are up-to-date with the latest nvidia drivers.

Any ideas?
DS