Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>>> No.  It does not.  Period.  Even setting that option doesn't do it.
>>> Even though the interface says it is not 'managed by NM'.
>>
>> I assure you it does. I have NetworkManager eabled. I never have to
>> log into KDE to have my network working, and I would know, as I have
>> mythbackend running on my desktop, and mysql-server on another
>> machine, so if the network isn't working without logging in, I would
>> be screwed.
>>

> Okay, let me rephrase.  It does not simply by checking that box.
> Network has to be running too, and not NM.

All I did when I installed F9 was check that box.

When I log into KDE, the NM applet pops up its notice saying that the
ethernet is connected. But it's connected at least by time the login
screen comes up.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )