Re: Dealing with 800x480 displays

On Sunday 11 January 2009 14:37:31 Jim wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > Either FC9 or FC10:
> >
> > How do you work with displays that are only 800x480 (like the ASUS
> > eee)?  There are gnome dialogs that seem to require 800x600, so I
> > can't 'see' the bottom of these dialogs where trival buttons like 'OK'
> > are....
>
> You'll have to learn to live with the resolution, but to see the bottom
> of a window, 'hold down' on the 'ALT' key and move your mouse to the
> window and then 'hold down' on 'left mouse button' and you'll be able to
> move the window around to see
> the  "OK" button at bottom of window.
>
> I have the EEEpc 701 myself so I'm learning just like you.

Also, if you are running a distrubution with KDE4, there is  'laptop' theme
that minimises decorations and gives you the greates possible display space.
Oddly enough, I find that I can reduce the fonts and still read with much
greater comfort than I would have expected at that size.

All these help, but you do still need the Alt+grab and move a window,
sometimes.

Anne