Re: MP3 playback in XMMS

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Anne Wilson <annew@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 10 January 2009 01:25:47 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > and I don't know what is gtk1 widget set... :-)
>
> The obsolete widget set which gives XMMS its outdated ugly look. :-)

Some of us don't mind that look too much, as long as it does the job.  The
same thing applies to other apps.  I use gftp and grip, both of which I
believe to be extremely ugly, but they work efficiently for my needs.

Horses for courses :-)

xmms is a cult player. Lots of skins, equalizer presets.
I hope it lives forever, even if I am the only one using it.

Who does remember xmcd?

http://www.amb.org/xmcd/

This is really old. I still use mine mine for audio CDs until today.

The big buttons are really easy to press, even without glasses on.

This old stuff is part of linux history ....

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ