Ok. I need a better education about kde functionality.

I'm looking at keyboard shortcuts and I have no idea what some of the functions are. I don't see any documentation on it at all, so I suppose this is the right place to ask.

* There's a function called "Switch to Screen $ii" for ii in 0 to 7.
What pray tell is a "screen". I know it's not a Desktop.

* I have a few effects turned on. What is Toggle Expose Effect and Toggle
Sharpen Effect? They don't seem to do anything obvious.

* I found some arrows that seem to be drawn with Meta+Shift+Ctrl. What is
that?

* And my last question (for tonight) is: What is an activity? I do
understand that kde4 is a work in progress and I am honored to be a
guinea pig, but when it's done, what will I be thrilled to be doing with it?
It seems like I can have a desktop with multiple widget configurations,
but is that a good thing?

TIA

Festivus for the Restivus :-)

steveo at syslang.net