Re: screen settings

2008/12/24 Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>
--- On Wed, 12/24/08, charles zeitler <cfzeitler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: charles zeitler <cfzeitler@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: screen settings

> > reason.  Do you have any proprietary drivers
> installed?
>

> radeontool ?
I actually do not know much about these, all I've seen is the Xorg module
radeon and another driver called radeonhd?  I do not know where it comes from.  Maybe someone on the list may help here?

I downloaded the binary drivers from http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html Used it to make a distro specific package. And installed it. My hardware is a HD 4850. However all this was on Ubuntu. But the binary drivers also make distro specific packages for F9 or below.

Since the OP is running F10, maybe he can try the proprietary drivers available from livna before trying this.

However afaik the open source drivers should "just work" for the X1600 and its always preferable to stick with them.

hope this helps

--
Suvayu