Re: Setting up Linksys WRT54GL for Remote Server

Ted Roche wrote:
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But on the client side in NX for each user on server, how do you treat that
in NX ?

"Jim:"

You can't get the answer to a question you don't ask. The more
information you provide, the more likely you are to get the exact
information you need.

Since you're using NX and not just ssh, you may find it advantageous
to reconfigure the servers to listen on different ports (like the 8122
and 8222 I suggested before, ports above 1000 are recommended) and
then have the router pass the packets through directly on those ports.
Then, you will need to reconfigure both the NX server and the NX node
to use that port.

There are many varieties of NX, both free and commercial. I haven't
worked with it since 2006, so my advice is likely out of date. I'd
suggest you check the support forum on the NX site at nomachine.com,
for answers such as this one:
http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR06E00470. They have a
very good support forum and should have answers to this
frequently-asked-question for the specific version and platform you're
using.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC

Well I have got it to work.

In /etc/ssh/sshd_config  I set to, Port 2995

In /usr/NX/etc  Server box 2
node.cfg There is ONE place that has got to be changed for SSHD port 22 to 2995 server.cfg There is TWO places that has got to be changed for SSHD port 22 to 2995

Lastly, the Firewall settings in /etc/sysconfig/iptables has got to be changed from dport 22 to 2995.

Finally, I'm able to connect to TWO servers through a WRT54GL, The WRT54GL will not allow you to
connect TWO boxes as Servers using 22 to 22.

Box 1 22 to 22  192.168.1.253 (static IP).
Box 2 2995 to 2995 192.168.1.254 (static IP).

Yes, I'm aware of the ramification of using port 2995.

What led me in the right direction was feedback from you guys, THANKS.

This is a example of why I love Linux, could this as easily be done in $Windows ??