Re: What are these F-10 boot slides?

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 17:00:16 Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The boot screen is somewhat secondary to the main target of decreasing
> boot time.  Whether any particular machine gets the spiffy graphic, it
> should still boot significantly faster using the new system.  Although
> kernel mode setting hasn't been implemented for all cards, it was
> originally supposed to also work for Intel too -- until Intel made an
> eleventh-hour change.  We hope to have those and many more cards
> working with the spiffy boot graphics for Fedora 11, but regardless,
> boot speed is a very important consideration.

Well, on my netbook it has been spectacularly unsuccessful.  The boot time is
horrifically long.  It seems that it first tries to bring up my wireless
connection, failing miserably, then it tries to mount my 3 defined nfs mounts.
Two of them are always available, one is not always.  Instead of a reasonably
short wait time, then moving on, it seems to wait a very long time.  If
anyone's interested I'll time it.  Failing gracefully is something it needs to
learn.

Anne