Re: Evolution with mapi plugin?

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Christopher A. Williams
<chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 10:38 +1930, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Christopher A. Williams
>> <chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Now, if we could just get a first class message composer for Evolution
>> > that lets you easily write text, rich text, or HTML messages, and allows
>> > full editing control of fonts, colors, formatting, etc. as appropriate
>> > for each.
>>
>> Well, it already supports rich text, but I suspect you'll have to wait
>> forever for HTML editing as it's considered anathema in many circles.
>> An email editor has no business trying to be a bastardized word
>> processor. Just my 2c.
>
> Where does Evo support full rich text in the composer? I don't see that
> option anywhere, so a pointer on this would be helpful.

The menu bar immediately above the composer's text window has two
drop-down menus and several formatting buttons. They provide rich text
and basic HTML (fonts, paragraph formatting etc.)

> I (obviously) disagree with your opinion. There are appropriate times
> for sending HTML and for sending plain text messages. If Evolution is so
> philosophically against HTML formatted messages, why do they then care
> to be able to render messages sent in this format? Seems hypocritical to
> me. A good e-mail client should provide both the capability and the
> choice to send in HTML.

I completely disagree. I think HTML email is in 99% of cases an
abomination, and in the 1% of cases it might be justified can be
accomodated via an external editor and attachments. However this is a
religious issue and hence not worth discussing further.

poc