Re: no mouse for F10 install

Stuart wrote:
Marland V. Pittman wrote:
Kevin Kempter wrote:
I start the Fedora 10 install and I get the graphical install screen fine, and the keyboard works but no mouse, Ive tried both USB and PS2 mouse with no luck
I have a box that I installed F10 on and the cursor is actually invisible. I think it has something to do with the VIA chipset video. I haven't resolved it yet (lack of time/knowledge so far) but, I'm suggesting that maybe your cursor is invisible as well.

Hope that helps. If not, maybe someone can help me fix mine.

yep. Had exactly the same issue myself. I've no idea how to fix it in the installer, though.

Option     "SWCursor" "On"

needs to be added to the Device section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file

don't have one?

okay, as root:

X -configure :1

you'll get /root/xorg.conf.new, which you can edit & copy into place in /etc/X11

Stuart

Awesome, thanks for the help. I followed your instructions to get an xorg.conf file and the generated file seemed to indicate (with a bunch of comments) that the proper boolean for the SWCursor option was "True" or "False" rather than "On".

I added:

Option "SWCursor" "True"

and rebooted, my cursor is visible. Thanks!