Re: K3B , burning a audio CD Project

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:42:18 -0500, Jim wrote:

Rex Dieter wrote:
Jim wrote:

FC8/k3b-1.0.5-3.fc8

Using the K3B New Audio Project.

The audio files I'm trying to burn are Wav Mpeg Layer 3 Audio.

What App. would I use to convert them so K3B will burn them.

K3B Error Message
Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:
You may manually convert these audio files to wave using another
application supporting the audio format and then add the wave files to
the K3b project.
rpmfusion.org, you're looking to install k3b-extras-freeworld

-- Rex

I do have  k3b-extras-freeworld   installed.

Does "rpm -V k3b-extras-freeworld libmad k3b taglib" report anything?

What does the same query report if done with "rpm -q ..." instead of "-V"?

Is this with or without SELinux?

Does the "MAD decoder" plugin show up in k3b's plugin configuration dialog?

If you "yum install madplay", does it play those files?

And with "Wav Mpeg Layer 3 Audio" you refer to normal MP3 encoded files,
right?

I for got to mention I'm running a FC8/ X86_64 box

rpm -q k3b-extras-freeworld libmad k3b taglib

k3b-extras-freeworld-1.0.5-4.fc8
libmad-0.15.1b-8.fc8
k3b-1.0.5-3.fc8
taglib-1.5-2.fc8
taglib-1.5-2.fc8

Amarok will play these music mp3 files okay

"MAD decoder" plugin does show up in k3b's plugin configuration dialog.