Re: Laptop Keyboard asdf, jkl;, enter disabled on boot up

On Monday 15 December 2008, Tim wrote:
>On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 00:56 +0000, g wrote:
>> keep in mind, both of these test could fail, but they did work years
>> ago when i did radio and tv services.
>
>                          ^^^^
>
>You must have had a big fridge...  ;-)
>
>I've got a thermal repair to take care of sometime soon, if I can take
>the equipment out of service long enough to work on, and I'm not looking
>forward to it.  It's big, heavy, awkward, and the boards concerned are
>in difficult spots.  And definitely too big to put in the fridge!

We didn't need a big fridge, we used a can of F-22 with a wd-40 spray tube on
it, just freeze the suspect part.  Then they discovered the ozone hole.  I
presume, I haven't bought any in ages, that the techs are using some LPG
formula for that now.  Obviously with flammable warnings on it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)