Virtualizing XP with dual boot FC10/XP

I have FC10 and Windows dual booted on my PC and would like to
virtualize XP with KVM.

I want to be able to both boot to XP and also virtualize it in FC10
(obviously not at the same time).

When I try to install a new virtual machine the process wants to install
XP from the CD. Is there a way to just point to the XP partition on the
disk?

Vmware workstation claims to be able to do this but there seem to be
other issues with vmware and FC10.

Thanks,
Hal