Re: newly installed services, like mysql, not on by default after reboot?

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
> <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Only if using a stock config is does not pose a security problem.
>> The config file is included in the RPM. The postinstall script can
>> then activate the service. But it is a much better policy to let the
>> user activate the service them self. The exceptions are services
>> that do not accept connections from the outside world, and are
>> needed for system operation. (Cron, syslog, etc.)
>
> I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I don't think it
> addresses the original poster at all.
>
> The original post was about a suspected change in how services are
> handled at package install time in F10 compared to F9.  Nothing in the
> package install scripts have changed.  Those scripts have not
> changed..so the original poster's interpretation of the system
> response is most likely wrong and he needs to look elsewhere.
>
> -jef

Hi,

I might be wrong about it that F9 had it but i'm absolutely positive
that F8 had it. F9 never worked well for me.
The situation was: I install MySQL (and apache + php) then on the next
boot MySQL and Apache where just on! that was the behaviour. i don't
know if that was a bug back then or it's a bug right now or am i
dreaming all of this and was it never the behaviour of any fedora
release?