Re: newly installed services, like mysql, not on by default after reboot?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Only if using a stock config is does not pose a security problem.
> The config file is included in the RPM. The postinstall script can
> then activate the service. But it is a much better policy to let the
> user activate the service them self. The exceptions are services
> that do not accept connections from the outside world, and are
> needed for system operation. (Cron, syslog, etc.)

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I don't think it
addresses the original poster at all.

The original post was about a suspected change in how services are
handled at package install time in F10 compared to F9.  Nothing in the
package install scripts have changed.  Those scripts have not
changed..so the original poster's interpretation of the system
response is most likely wrong and he needs to look elsewhere.

-jef