Re: Volgroup00 not found

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Stephen Berg (Contractor)
<stephen.berg.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Braden McDaniel wrote:

>>> Bad initrd maybe? What storage controller are you using? You might boot
>>> to the rescue disc and regenerate it adding a --with={module_name}...
>>
>> It's a 3ware 9550SXU-4LP.
>>
>> What module name do I need?
>>
> Probably 3w_9xxx, that's the module I see running on a system with a 3Ware
> 9500S 8 port SATA RAID adapter.

I had the same problem but with a MB/CPU swapout. I ended up just
installing from scratch. Wasn't a bid deal since I have a separate
home partition (which is not in an LVM). It was kind of frustrating
though. Like the OP, rescue found the volume group fine. Nothing
special on my end just onboard SATA (AMD 770) on the new computer and
nForce4 SATA on the old.

Richard