Unable to install packages

I just installed Fedora 10 on my Sony Vaio laptop. Everything was fine until the system did an automatic update. Now when I try to use Packagekit  (System->Administration->Add/Remove Software) to add new software I get the following message. What is going on? What do I need to do to fix this? There are several packages I need to add to finish out the functionality of my laptop. I currently have SELinux disabled in the hope that it was the cause of the problem.  Please advise.

failed to get a TID: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction" member "SetLocale" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.PackageKit") (0)

--
John Perry - WX5JP - perry@xxxxxxxxxx