Re: All I want for Christmas is... F10 KDE4.2 Live... for testing...

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 09:35 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
>
> > If they really want to get serious about things, I suggest they start
> > improving the Live iso offerings and working with users that are willing
> > to spend time running the prerelease software to make their job
> > easier.
>
> It's hard.  In this case prerelease = (for the most part) rawhide.  And
> getting out fresh *live* bits is hard.

If you get them out, I'll push people on this list to test them.  Deal ?

I wonder how many people know how easy it is to put an ISO on a USB
drive ?   I did it yesterday for the first time.  Its darn slick.

> In the meantime, we're down to enterprising folks spinning test live isos
> (as I'm trying to do here) or being ginnea pigs on full installs (and
> enabling something like the http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ F10-unstable
> repos used to generate the aforementioned f10-kde42 live images).

The later is unacceptable to anyone using their system for everyday
work.   Live ISOs rule.  I know its a lot of work to put these things
together, but if we want better releases, we need way more testing.

> hopefully, we'll get kde-4.2-beta2 in shape soonish.

Good stuff. Keep up the good work, Rex.