Re: All I want for Christmas is... F10 KDE4.2 Live... for testing...

> linux guy wrote:
> > While you are at it, you could throw on firefox and nvidia-settings so
> > that people could access gmail and set their display up to its normal
> > resolution.
>
> You can access gmail through IMAP using KMail.
>
> As for NVidia, there's no support for proprietary drivers on the live CD,
> and there can't be support for those drivers on *any* live CD using
> packages from Fedora and/or RPM Fusion before the new RPM Fusion driver
> setup work is complete.

And yet several of the KDE4.2 widgets are designed to use the advanced
features offered by the proprietary nvidia drivers and the end users
will be using the proprietary drivers.

So basically KDE is shipping a feature that won't get tested.  Ie RECIPE
FOR TROUBLE !  Ironically, folderview freezes on my F10 installation.

> (Right now, you can only install one driver at a
> time, i.e. no multiple versions of nvidia nor coexisting nvidia and fglrx,
> and installing the driver also breaks systems without the hardware using
> that driver.) And even when it will possible, I doubt Rex will include
> stuff from RPM Fusion on a CD which is supposed to be testing for what will
> be in Fedora - it's clear that proprietary drivers will *never* be in
> Fedora!

The Fedora community needs to decide how serious they want to be about
improving the quality of their releases.

If they really want to get serious about things, I suggest they start
improving the Live iso offerings and working with users that are willing
to spend time running the prerelease software to make their job
easier.