Re: So what is the plan to allow users to manage their touchpad in KDE4.2 ?

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> So what is the plan to allow users to control their touchpads in
> KDE4.2 ?

Ask the KSynaptics/libsynaptics maintainer (who is the person responsible
for getting it to work with the current Synaptics driver API). Or the
synaptics driver maintainer(s) (who are the ones behind the decision to
disable SHMConfig by default).

> Have laptop users been totally left out in the cold ?  Why is
> there such extreme insensitivity to this topic ?
>
> I can't even turn my touchpad off in F10.  Its a huge pain in the butt.

I never bothered disabling my touchpad even if I almost always have a mouse
plugged into my laptop, so why should I start worrying about it now? I am
not a maintainer or comaintainer of KSynaptics nor of the synaptics
drivers, so how is it my fault that KSynaptics doesn't work? File bugs.

        Kevin Kofler