I did something silly under F-10

I got Fedora-10 working on my ancient SCSI machine
after a 5-hour saga.
But somewhere along the way I must have done something
inadvertently to my KDE setup,
as I now have the f-icon at the top of the page,
which I don't really mind,
but it has no Leave section,
and the simplest way to re-start the system
seems to be Ctrl-Alt-Delete,
or else start konsole after Alt-F2
and then run "sudo shutdown -r now".

But how exactly can I get a standard KDE screen?
I tried deleting (well actually, moving) .kde
but that had no effect.

I have 5 other machines running F-10 with KDE,
and all offer a normal KDE screen.