Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 04:13:45PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>> Thus, we are able to use the Fedora Project...
>

>> So you respond to my statement of what _Fedora's_ objectives are with
>> a statement of what _RedHat's_ objectives are?
>>
>> Is the fact that they explicitly refer to Fedora are a community in
>> which they participate not relevant to you? Giving and taking from the
>> community -- isn't that a definition of a community member?
>
> Do you usually talk about your community in terms of how you can 'use' it?

I've been "using" the Fedora Project community, and my participation
in it, for over five years now to scratch my personal itches and learn
how to interact with open source developers and code.  So yes, that's
a perfectly reasonable way for a participant to talk about the
community as long as it's not the *only* way.