Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am really frustrated by some of the things that I hear said on this
> board.  Specifically when someone comes on here and touts the "Fedora is
> bleeding edge software" and "if it isn't stable enough for you, go get
> another distribution".
>
> That is NOT the intent of Fedora.   Fedora is NOT "by developers for
> developers and the hell with the end user".
>
> Its ultimate goal is to produce production quality user ready
> distributions.
>
> Max Spevack addressed the specific topic of goals on Slashdot a while
> ago.  http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220
>
> Specifically he states:
>
> "I'm really glad this question was asked, because it gives me a chance
> to try to bust the NUMBER ONE MYTH about Fedora -- that Fedora is "just
> a beta for RHEL" or that "Fedora only exists to make Red Hat money" or
> "Red Hat doesn't care about Fedora, it's just a dumping ground for
> half-tested code". I hear all of those things from time to time, and
> *none* of them are true."

Not a testing ground for RedHat does't mean mean production only code.
You've misquoted someone to further your own goals.

If Fedora put out production only code, I would say that the entire
Linux community would suffer. Ubuntu aims to put out production only
code. As such, they do very little for the community except make
Ubuntu "cool". You'll see that there are a lot of bug reports on that
ksnyapics issue in Ubuntu -- which means that they too shipped
Ksnyaptics, which also points out that they dont' do dev work on the
software either.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )