Re: Yum errors on rpmfusion in F10: Please help

On 05.12.2008 07:39, Dean S. Messing wrote:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 05.12.2008 06:30, Kam Leo wrote:
<snip>
Try using the main rpmfusion server. Edit the rpmfusion repo files in
/etc/yum.repos.d directory, enable the baserul (i.e. remove the "#"
character), and disable the mirrorlist (i.e place a "#" at beginning
of line).
See also:
http://rpmfusion.org/FAQ

Quoting:
=== Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rpmfusion-foo. Please verify its path and try again ===

Yum cannot connect to the RPM Fusion servers if you get above
message. That could be a problem with your local network or a problem
with the !MirrorManager servers from RPM Fusion. If it's the latter
use this comment to temporary work around the problem:
{{{
su -c "sed -i 's|^#baseurl|baseurl| ; s|^mirrorlist|#mirrorlist|' /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion*free*repo"
}}}

To undo the change later use this command:
{{{
su -c "sed -i 's|^baseurl|#baseurl| ; s|^#mirrorlist|mirrorlist|' /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion*free*repo"
}}}
Am I missing something here?

Doesn't this `sed' script do precisely what Kam Lao suggested---namely
to comment out the mirrorlist URL and uncomment the baseurl?

Yes -- it was just meant as a "this is the easier way to do that" and "feel free to point to this FAQ entry if similar problems show up in the future". Sorry, should have mentioned that.

If yes,
then (as I wrote to Kam) I did that already (by hand) before I wrote
to the list; didn't help.

Then you should post the error message that you get now after doing that change (which you afaics didn't do yet; but maybe I missed it) -- without that we can only guess around what might be wrong.

CU
knurd