Re: FC11: Two Suggestions

Em Qui 04 Dez 2008, Arthur Pemberton escreveu:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >> In no OS do I frequently change file associations. I have had to
> >> do so probably 5 times in 5 years with KDE.
> >
> > Really?
> > I find myself doing this reasonably often,
> > particularly with sound and video files.
> > The default usually seems to be set to totem,
> > which rarely works for me.
> >
> > But I was really thinking that it is a basic tool -
> > what is the computer to do when faced with foo.bar ?
> > Even if the defaults were almost all right,
> > it would still be a basic idea, in my mind.
>
> Well, I think it's safe to say that the people who did the control
> center agreed with me that this isn't an often used feature. So you
> may want to gather some evidence to the contrary and present it to
> the devs to have it changed.
>
> It could be so for me as I usually don't go clicking on files, but
> load them from apps.

I change file associations reasonably often, but never use System
Settings, nor I did use Control Center in KDE 3.5. I usually right-click
the file, then select "Open with -> Other", choose the application I
want and check the "Remember application association for this file"
checkbox. Or else I edit the file association in the file properties
dialog before I open it.

[]'s
Marcelo