Re: FC11: Two Suggestions

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>>> Not sure if this is on the same topic,
>>> but I am surprised to find File Associations listed under
>>> Advanced System Settings -
>>> I would have thought File Associations was pretty basic.
>>
>> In no OS do I frequently change file associations. I have had to do so
>> probably 5 times in 5 years with KDE.
>
> Really?
> I find myself doing this reasonably often,
> particularly with sound and video files.
> The default usually seems to be set to totem,
> which rarely works for me.
>
> But I was really thinking that it is a basic tool -
> what is the computer to do when faced with foo.bar ?
> Even if the defaults were almost all right,
> it would still be a basic idea, in my mind.

Well, I think it's safe to say that the people who did the control
center agreed with me that this isn't an often used feature. So you
may want to gather some evidence to the contrary and present it to the
devs to have it changed.

It could be so for me as I usually don't go clicking on files, but
load them from apps.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )